|Argola de Ouro in Singapore
Capoeira through the efforts of the Association is fast becoming a recognized and respected martial art and art form and has been featured in the following:
Media and Print:
- TV programme “Executive de-stress” by Channel NewsAsia
- Featured on Channel 5 and Channel U
- “Mind your Body” in the Straits Times
- NewMan magazine
- The New Paper
- Friday Weekly (a Chinese newspaper publication)
- Brazilian Fever cum Countdown Party 2001 at Sentosa
- Her World Magazine / Model Search 2002 at Ngee Ann City
- Private performance for Pacific Internet
- Singapore Arts Festival 2003 organised by the National Arts Council
- Chijmes Latin Festival 2003
- Motorola and Oakley presents “RARZWIRE XTREME WEEKEND” at Cathay Cineleisure
- Orchard in 2005
- Nokia “DEFEND YOUR TURF” at Siloso Beach, Sentosa
- “Colours & Tastes of Brazil” at CHIJMES
- “Time To Fly” organized by Protector & Gamble held at Sentosa Singapore
- World of Music Arts and Dance (WOMAD Singapore 2006) in the Heartlands at Hougang and at Fort Canning
- Discovery Atlas shows organized by the Discovery channel at the Grand Hyatt in Beijing (26 Sep 2006), Red Dot Traffic in Singapore (28 Sep 2006) and Hong Kong (26 Nov 2006).
- NTUC New Logo Event in 2008
- Singapore Arts Festival in 2008
- Keppel Corporation: Naming of FPSO Espirito Santo in 2008
- CAN! Discover. Singapore Youth Park in 2009
- SAFRA Singapore Bay Run & Army Half-Marathon in 2009
- NATAS 2010, Singapore Expo, 2010
- One Moment of Glory, Channel 5, 2010
- World Class, OKTO, 2010
- Fly to Brazil, Changi Airport, 2011
Since 2004, we have held annual International Capoeira Festivals through which local students and capoeiristas from abroad have a chance to exchange the culture and understanding of capoeira.
The Association’s work has been recognized by the Singapore Sports Council in their Sports Education Programme, the National Arts Council’s Art Education Programme and the People’s Association through the capoeira lessons in the local community centre for members of the public. The Association of Capoeira Argola De Ouro (Singapore) currently conducts classes at the Substation at Armenian Street, the National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University.
The Association also organizes Capoeira demonstrations at Primary and Secondary schools and is recognised by the Ministry of Education (MOE).